22 February 2013

Nigel Slater's Spaghetti Bolognese

All this talk of beef and horsemeat made me crave Spaghetti Bolognese today. I've made this version before, its Nigel Slater's. Its really rich and tasty. The recipe includes milk and red wine which might sound strange but works really well.

The recipe suggests cooking it in batches and freezing it, a really good idea but with Mr A's amazing capacity for food, we hardly ever have leftovers in our house so I'd have to make huge, industrial size quantities. Having said that if I get really organised before baby comes I am going to make extra portions of meals and freeze them. I'm probably not going to have the time or energy to cook once baby comes. Although I know Mr A won't let us go hungry and will cook us up some meals too!

What's your favourite freezer friendly meals?

 
Mr A's spag bol mountain:
 
 
 
I'm putting this recipe forward for the 'Dish of the Month' challenge hosted by Farmersgirl Kitchen. I know this recipe isn't particularly challenging or different but it tasted bloody good when Spaghetti Bolognese was exactly what I wanted!
 
 
 

4 comments:

Janice said...

That looks great, hope you manage to get some in the freezer. Thanks for joining us for Dish of the Month.

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting Janice! I didn't get to freeze any, one portion left and I think we'll have that for lunch!!

Susan said...

That looks so good...who can resist a delicious spag bol. x

Unknown said...

Thanks Susan, I agree!!!

© 2011 YummyMetz, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena