14 July 2012

Cauliflower Crust Pizza

I can't stop telling everyone I know about this clever little recipe I found at Eat. Drink Smile. I never know what to do with cauliflower other than steaming, crudités and adding to curries, so I came across this recipe when scouring  the internet. Here's a picture of my version, which I think is not far off the original and tasted so good! This also fits right in with my attempts to eat as gluten free as possible. Once the base is baked, I spread tomato purée and then added olives, anchovies, mozzarella and sliced ham. Mmm mmm mmmm


For my two bases, here's what I did;

Half large cauliflower
2 eggs
2 balls mozarella
Oregano (or whichever herbs you prefer)
Salt and Pepper
Olive oil spray

Preheat oven to 200°C. 'Rice' cauliflower in food processor until it looks like grain, mine looked exactly like cous cous. Do the same with mozzarella, or you could just use grated mozzarella. Combine cauliflower and mozzarella with eggs, herbs, salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to pieces of baking paper (I sprayed baking paper with olive oil spray). Smooth down and form the base into a circle. I wanted mine quite thin. I also wanted them golden and crispy so I sprayed each of them with more olive oil spray. Bake in oven for 15 minutes. You can then add any sauce and toppings you want, add back into the oven or grill until your topppings are warmed / crispy. You would have to precook any toppings that needed cooking before adding them to pizza and under the grill.

0 comments:

© 2011 YummyMetz, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena