30 July 2012

Whole 30

A few posts ago I said I wanted to quit sugar. It's been 2 weeks since I stopped taking sugar in tea and coffee. I felt completely depressed for the first few days, it got easier but I've found myself craving sweet things in the evenings. I don't want to replace the sugar I'm giving up in tea with snacks in the evenings! So this week while looking for inspiration I stumbled upon this;

  The 

This is basically about as paleo / clean eating as you can get. Its about eating what makes you healthy and not eating things that make you unhealthy, simple! So that's eating plenty of real food – meat, seafood, eggs,  vegetables, fruit, and plenty of good fats from fruits, oils, nuts and seeds

Its about completely cutting out;

  • added sugar of any kind, real or artificial
  • alcohol
  • grains
  • legumes
  • dairy

Today is day two and so far its fine. I think its 'do-able' as long as I plan ahead and make sure there is lots of variety in what I'm eating.  When I look at the list of no no's I think, I can do that no problem but in reality these things are added to so much of what we eat. There is a little bit of me that thinks its too strict, there is no way I would do this for longer than 30 days but I'm intrigued to see how I will be effected by eliminating these things from my diet. And that's what appeals to me, this isn't really a long term way of eating but about understanding how foods affect your body and mind. I will gradually reintroduce some foods, like lentils and chickpeas, cheeses and see what happens! I can't say I'm going to be super strict, I can get a bit obsessed with sticking with things to the letter but I don't want this to effect my enjoyment of food and cooking, but I will give it my best shot.  Wish me luck! 

0 comments:

© 2011 YummyMetz, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena